Food Industry Donations
Donating surplus inventory to the San Antonio Food Bank is safe, efficient and cost-effective. Reduce your warehouse storage and dumping costs. The San Antonio Food Bank can pick up your donation free of charge.
Key Business Benefits of Partnership
- Sustainability: Food is distributed to hungry people instead of entering a landfill.
- Cost Savings: Reduce storage, dumpster and disposal fees.
- Liability Protection: The national Bill Emerson Good Samaritan Food Donation Act protects donors when they donate product in good faith to a 501-C-3 charitable organization like the SAFB.
- Safe Food Handling: Compliance with all SafeServ, OSHA, EPS and GMP regulations and guidelines.
- Receipting: For tracking, recall and tax purposes and peace of mind.
- Tax Savings: Potential deduction for donated food.
- Short-coded products approaching expiration date
- Cosmetic damage to product
- Discontinued products
- Imperfect Packaging
- Inventory clearance
- Packaging Errors
- Product Changes
- Shipping errors
- Surplus production
Gifts to the San Antonio Food Bank are covered by a number of liability protections, including national The Good Faith Donor Act. Donations can generate tax benefits for your company as well.
The San Antonio Food Bank can distribute dry, refrigerated and frozen food items; cleaning products; mislabeled and unlabeled products; and bulk and damaged products. If you're interested in donating, please contact us at 210-337-3663.